By Jodi Fowler, Editor
Vilifying the United States Constitution has long been a foul-smelling ambition for Democrats, but now these radical Progressive leftists currently in power are attempting an all out destruction of our Constitution’s 2nd Amendment gun ownership rights with their recent attempt of off-the-wall gun banning proposals with Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) commandeering this scheme. Her bill broadens the Gun Control Act of 1994 which expired in 2004 and was not renewed. And, as usual, the Progressives who ‘never let a good crisis go to waste,’ are using the horrific murders of 26 teachers and young students in Newtown, Connecticut, to gain momentum for the bill’s passage although the majority of the American populace objects to losing their right to own guns.
Senator Feinstein has been working on her anti-gun bill for over a year, planning to release it in the first 2013 Congressional session, but chose bring it to the forefront earlier after the Connecticut school shootings. What a convenient manipulation of this grievous loss of life for political gain.
But as Conservative radio commentator Mark Levin reveals in his recent video (see below), Feinstein is on record herself admitting “carrying” a gun for protection. So, what makes it alright for her to utilize her 2nd Amendment rights, but not for good, honest Americans deserving of self-protection?
Her bill also calls for a federal registry of gun owners along with their fingerprints and a photograph. And, what will this solve, nothing, because criminals will continue to gain access to illegal weapons one way or another? A prime example is yesterday’s milestone in Chicago, a gun ban city, when their murder rate reached the 500 mark.
A summary of Feinstein’s bill states:
- Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- exempting more than 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes; and
- exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
See entire bill here.
The outcry for 2nd Amendment rights eradication does not stop with Feinstein, but is also condemned by other outspoken Hollywood and public figures critics such as Michael Moore, Mia Farrow, Piers Morgan, Rashsida Jones, and Alec Baldwin to name a few. However, big names such as these are most often escorted by gun-carrying bodyguards as are Senators, Congressmen, state leaders, and other well-known political figures, Conservative and Progressive alike.
So the point is not decrying owning a gun(s), the point is destroying our freedoms via tearing down our Constitutional rights and creating more federal control of our American populace also known as a police state. Via control along with his crony elites such as Senator Diane Feinstein, President Barack Obama is bent on creating the destruction of our liberties.